We speak English, Spanish, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Hebrew, and Russian
Do you dream of having straighter teeth but really don’t want to go through the complex process and pain of metal braces? Many people don’t want to go through that discomfort and inconvenience. That’s completely understandable. Some people object to wearing braces, particularly as an adult, especially working professionals. But we have great news, it doesn’t have to be that way!
Dream Smiles Dental in Portland, OR offers a variety of options for creating the straight smile you’ve always wanted. There are several solutions available depending on age, lifestyle and comfort level of braces. We’re happy to make a recommendation on which type of braces or clear aligners might be right for you.
What are Clear Aligners?
For decades, if you wanted to straighten your teeth, metal braces with wires and brackets were your only option. However, we now have clear, removable “aligner” appliances that you can wear instead, and straighten your teeth into that beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed about.
The clear aligner systems use a series of clear, customized aligner trays made especially for you. Most people probably won’t even notice you’re wearing them. These clear aligner trays apply gentle pressure to the teeth that need to move. You’ll wear them throughout the day and night. You’ll come to see us every couple of weeks and we’ll give you new aligners designed to gently continue the movement of your teeth into that straight and beautiful smile.
The Advantages of Clear Aligner Systems
Compared to traditional metal braces, you can enjoy these advantages:
- Easy to Clean | Your aligners won’t have any metal wires that trap food. In fact you can take them out to eat, and then simply brush them inside and out when you brush and floss your teeth every day. It’s easy!
- Invisibility | Most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them, even when you smile and laugh.
- No Metal | It’s true that metal braces have caused injuries and even scars on the gums of some patients, but clear aligners use no metal at all!
- Less Discomfort | The tightening of metal braces can cause sudden and sharp pains which last for days. In contrast, clear aligners exert an even, gentle pressure to your teeth. Most people are pleased with how comfortable the process is.
- Convenience | Whatever your age, the clear aligner system won’t disrupt your everyday life. It’s comfortable and invisible.
If you want to know if a clear aligner system, Invisalign or ClearCorrect might work for you, please make an appointment for a consultation. We’d love to evaluate your smile to make sure you’re a good candidate. Then, we’ll simply get impressions of your teeth and have your customs made series of aligners created just for you. Call us today to find out how easy it is to get the smile of your dreams!
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping
- Cosmetic Fillings
- Removable Dentures
- 3D imaging
- Digital X-rays
- Modern Dentistry
- 3D Cone Beam technology.
- Laser Dentistry
- Porcelain Veneers
- Types of Braces
- Kid’s Dentistry
- Sleep Dentistry and Sedation Dentistry
- Crowns & Bridgework
- Dental Implants
- Fixed Dentures
- Aesthetic Dentistry
- Mercury Free Fillings
- Lifelike natural crowns