We Speak English, Spanish, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Hebrew, And Russian
Sedation Sleep Dentistry
If you’ve ever felt anxious about seeing a dentist or having dentistry done, you’re not alone. Most people experience some level of fear at having some dental procedures done. And let’s face it, have you ever heard anybody say they can’t wait to have their teeth scraped or drilled on? And who enjoys getting an injection of any kind? Yet some of the procedures are a necessary part of daily life as a dental professional.
For some people, this fear is so great, that it prevents them from having regular and preventive care. And they usually end up suffering more discomfort and needing more expensive and prolonged procedures when their dental crisis finally overcomes their fear of dentistry. It can be a very real and crippling experience. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
We care deeply about making sure that everybody in our practice is as comfortable as possible at all times. We offer several options of sedation so that it makes it emotionally easier to have dental procedures performed.
What are the Sedation Sleep Options?
There are several different types of sedation available at Dream Smiles, and they build confidence in our most fearful patients. Types of sedation include:
- Nitrous Oxide / Laughing Gas | This has been used in dentistry for over 175 years. It is a safe and effective sedation agent that helps people relax and reduce discomfort. It can be used for practically any procedure and wears off in minutes afterwards, so you are safe to drive home and go about your daily life.
- Oral Sedatives | There are several common medications that can be used for oral sedation, you generally take a pill the night before to get better sleep and then another dose 1 hour before your appointment. This provides a stronger level of sedation, but these medications linger for several hours, so you need somebody to drive you to and from your appointment.
- Nitrous Combined with Oral Sedatives | This is a stronger level of sedation that combines Nitrous Oxide with an Oral Sedative medication. This is very effective for the most fearful patient and again, requires somebody to be your designated driver.
- IV Sedation | This is true “Sleep Dentistry” and the most phobic patients may require actually being sedated to a very deep level to have their dentistry done. We don’t offer this service, but if you need it, we can find an option for you.
Just having the confidence to know that you can be as comfortable as you need to be to relax your anxiety and fears can give you the confidence to put your well earned trust in our hands. If you want to discuss any of these options, please call us. We are here for you and would love to help you have positive dental experiences.
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping
- Cosmetic Fillings
- Removable Dentures
- 3D imaging
- Digital X-rays
- Modern Dentistry
- 3D Cone Beam technology.
- Laser Dentistry
- Porcelain Veneers
- Types of Braces
- Kid’s Dentistry
- Sleep Dentistry and Sedation Dentistry
- Crowns & Bridgework
- Dental Implants
- Fixed Dentures
- Aesthetic Dentistry
- Mercury Free Fillings
- Lifelike natural crowns